Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) with OMG SysML™ (including use of IBM® Rational® Rhapsody®)
2 Day – Practical MBSE with SysML – Foundation two-day
The OMG SysML specification is now at v1.5 (2017) and is an international standard notation across industries including aerospace, defence, security and automotive. Marking 10 years of industry usage, this training will focus on practical MBSE modelling techniques with SysML, including:
- Rationale and benefits of OMG SysML and its use in a system engineering team-based context to exchange information across disciplines.
- Understanding the different SysML 1.5 diagrams and how they’re used to exchange information about requirements and architectures.
- Exploration of use case modelling and behavioural modelling with use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state-machine diagrams.
- Understanding the relationship between models and requirements, including requirements diagrams, matrices and tables.
- Understanding structural modelling with block definition diagrams and internal block diagrams, and an appreciation of different port and interface types in UML and SysML.
- Appreciate how different methodologies might be used with SysML.
The focus of the first two days will be on understanding the value of SysML notations and model-based systems engineering in a team-based context. There will be some exposure to a modelling tool (IBM Rational Rhapsody) but the training is designed to be applicable for an audience who want to use other tools.
10 in stock